Let's face it: one of the most annoying things is other people's snoring. Whether it is usual or sporadic, when those who sleep next to us start to snore, it causes us quite a bit of annoyance. If on the one hand there are those who snore at a low volume, on the other there are people who snore quite loudly, putting a strain on the relaxation (and patience) of those around them.
Not everyone realizes they snore, in fact, most of the time it is others who point it out, perhaps after spending a sleepless night because of their annoying snoring companion. But don't worry! There are remedies to try to contain (or completely eliminate) snoring.
Why do we snore? And why do you need anti snoring systems?
Snoring, whether continuous or fluctuating, is almost always the result of disturbed sleep or possible respiratory problems which, when lying down, are accentuated, annoying precisely the moment of night rest.
The specter of respiratory disorders is a bit scary, but in many cases, those who snore have to look for the cause in bad eating habits, incorrect postures and even allergies that they often don't know they have and which affect the quality of their sleep, making it disturbed.
Stop snoring: natural anti-snoring systems
Finding a valid solution to snoring is one of the goals that many have. But how to stop snoring? The schools of thought are different, but the first step towards success is to recognize that you are a snorer, even if it is not pleasant to admit.
Over time, many have tried to study anti-snoring systems which have proven to be more or less satisfactory: many of these remedies are natural and quite cheap and are worth trying. Not everything is effective for everyone, but only by trying can you find the right remedy for you.
Here are some of the most used natural anti-snoring methods.
- Herbal teas. Herbal teas are valid allies to help fight various annoyances, including snoring. A valerian herbal tea can help relax the body and mind, improving the quality of sleep and reducing the possibility of snoring.
- Essential oils. Essential oils have many properties and to deal with snoring it is best to rely on the essential oils of eucalyptus, pine, juniper and mint, effective against nasal congestion and excellent as disinfectants of the mucous membranes. Inserting a few drops of essential oil inside diffusers or dehumidifiers is useful for spreading the scent and beneficial properties of the oils throughout the room.
- Nasal patches. Particularly effective in certain cases are nasal patches, specifically designed to reduce snoring, allowing you to breathe better and promoting the passage of air through the nostrils. Convenient to use, nasal patches are a tool to try to reduce annoying snoring night after night.
- Appropriate pillows. Last but not least is the pillow. Choosing to rest on quality pillows suited to your way of sleeping is essential in trying to contain snoring. Many times, when you have a tendency to snore a lot, it is recommended to use two pillows to be able to count on a posture that favors breathing, keeping snoring at bay as much as possible. The choice of pillows must therefore always be done carefully, taking into consideration the position you assume when falling asleep, thinking about any physical problems and always relying on experts in the sector, such as Baldiflex. Baldiflex, in fact, does not only deal with mattresses, but with everything that makes up the bed system in its entirety. There are many types of pillows and the differences they present are just as many: from the material to the padding, through shape and height, the pillow is a fundamental player in achieving the result of a restful sleep, as well as quality sleep.
Anti snoring systems: what to avoid before bedtime
Although there are natural methods that often appear effective, there are some precautions that can be followed to try to minimize the possibility of snoring.
To try to stem annoying snoring, here's what you should avoid before going to bed.
- Drinking too much alcohol. Drinking too much alcohol is never good, but when it comes to snoring it is really useful to reduce alcohol to a minimum to obtain some benefits immediately.
- Eat large meals. Being overweight increases the possibility of snoring, but even having the habit of consuming large evening meals certainly does not help in the battle against snoring.
- Abusing junk food. It is not only the quantity of food that affects snoring, as the quality also plays a very specific role: before going to bed, in fact, you should avoid eating junk food, fried and fat-rich foods, but it is also useful to limit the intake of foods high in fiber which could negatively influence digestion. Therefore, prefer light foods, cooked in a simple and healthy way, so that they can be digested easily, without weighing you down too much.