When the time comes to buy a new mattress it is always good to find out adequately about all the items on the market. There are many models and just as many characteristics of each type of mattress or bed system accessory. It's not always easy to select the perfect mattress, but you can get very close.
The companies and retailers that deal with mattresses, and more generally with bed systems, are different and (almost) all take care to offer many types of mattresses, so as to meet the different needs of each customer.
Low mattresses or high mattresses?
One of the main characteristics to evaluate when preparing to purchase a bed or mattress is that linked to height; Is a high mattress better or a low mattress better?
There is a difference and it is not even that marginal: very often we tend to identify a low mattress as a lower quality mattress, but the truth is that everything depends on each person's needs. Furthermore, the quality of the mattress can only be compared when it comes to two or more mattresses made entirely of the same material, since different materials give different thickness.
However, it is not possible to define whether a high mattress or a low mattress is better, because everything depends on the individual's perception of comfort. In fact, there are people who prefer to rest on a lower mattress, considering it more comfortable, and people who instead find maximum comfort by lying on higher mattresses.
Low mattresses: advantages
As always happens, even for low mattresses there are pros and cons. Here are the advantages of choosing a low mattress.
- Lightness and easy handling. One of the main advantages of low mattresses is linked to their weight and consequently to their practicality: a low mattress is inevitably lighter and therefore more manageable, especially when you have to turn it, roll it up or transport it.
- Price. No less important is the fact that low mattresses generally have a lower price than others. However, this does not mean that their quality is poor.
- Encumbrance. Low mattresses take up less space, especially if they are used for rooms that are not too large and if they also have to be moved or rolled up to gain important centimeters.
Low mattresses: disadvantages
Faced with the wide world of mattresses there are also cons. As for the disadvantages of low mattresses, here are two of the most reported by users.
- Comfort. Although comfort is something absolutely subjective, in general the low mattress is considered less comfortable than the high mattress, which is instead considered more capable of supporting the weight of the body, providing greater community.
- Softness. A particularly thin mattress is often considered not very soft and not very soft. Anyone who wants to rest on a softer surface may not appreciate choosing a low mattress, which is made up of less material and therefore potentially less soft than a taller mattress.
Mattresses: what characteristics the perfect mattress must have
Buying a mattress is an important moment, because sleeping well is essential to being able to truly feel rested and to enjoy the correct quantity (and quality) of energy to face the days.
Not everyone is informed about the qualities that mattresses can or must have to be defined as valid, which is why you need to rely on those who deal with bed systems and are capable of providing all the necessary explanations.
When looking for a mattress, you have to look at some features, which make the difference between one choice and another.
- Height. One of the first aspects that must be evaluated is linked to the height of the mattress. This is important information to identify in order to find the product best suited to your rest needs.
- Material. In terms of materials, there are many possible choices that can be made: from memory foam to latex, through natural fibres, pocket springs and more.
- Price. Many times we don't want to admit it, but there's no shame in making choices also dictated by the costs of various objects. It is true that quality should always come first, but it is equally true that the goal is to find the best piece at the best cost, without necessarily spending a fortune. Speaking of mattresses, the prices are very different and are all connected to the different characteristics they present.
- Comfort. Comfort should be the main feature to look at. To find the mattress that best represents our idea of comfort, the only thing to do is to test different items firsthand, so as to understand whether a mattress is comfortable for us or not.
Mattresses: with Baldiflex you can find the right mattress
Among the various companies that deal with bed systems, Baldiflex stands out, the company that offers mattresses and bed systems specifically designed to guarantee maximum comfort. Everyone will be able to feel satisfied by choosing a Baldiflex mattress, as there are many options and anyone can find the item suited to their needs.